Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm an OCP, I think

      I've been battling the past few weeks with whether or not to keep the silver hardware on my bike. I really don't like it, but there's nothing wrong with it. Simply put, I just don't like it on my black bike. I've been thinking about replacing most of the hardware with red to go with the accent color but that seems more like a war and less like a battle so I figured why not just go with black. Easy enough. Removed the offending bolts and headed down to the local hardware store(had to go anyways for another home project). Matched up the bolts and I must say it looks a lot better. Not sure about the weight differences but I don't think there was much considering I replaced with the same quality bolts. All in all I'm happy with it. I've still got a lot of silver flashing but that will go in time. Anyways, here's some pictures.

Stem plate before:

Stem plate after:

Stem at steerer before:

Stem at steerer after:

Those wonderful fender eyelets before:

Fender eyelets after:

Till next time!

No comments: