Sunday, March 22, 2009

First Metric Century

      Well I decided to go out for a ride on Saturday and ending up doing my first metric century. That's 62 miles for those who are wondering. It wasn't so bad. It was a little cold for me, 45F, with a NNE wind of 20mph+. Unfortunately for the first half of the leg the wind was at my back. It was nice doing an 18+mph average but it would only turn around to bite me. The return leg was completely horrible. A 20+ headwind is no fun when you're by yourself. At about mile 50 or so I had a nice leg cramp. Wasn't to horrible but it was bothersome enough. I added a few miles here and there to make sure I'd get in the mileage that I wanted. After a stop off at a local gas station to fuel up with some sugar I headed on home to finish my last few miles. It was great. Next 100 miles. Don't ask me when though. Well here's some stats, nothing special, I just started putting in saddle time 10 weeks ago.


MapMyRide.com
63.2 total miles
3 hours 55 minutes 20 seconds (give or take)
16 mph average
~2600 calories burned

To put it in perspective about how strong the wind was I did the first 28 miles in 1:30.

you can see the route here.

Here's some pictures.




Sound only of the rear shifter

No comments: