Monday, April 20, 2009

My new commuter

      It's been a while since I've posted anything. I've had to stop running for a while while I recover from a muscle/tendon/nerve issue. I'm still riding the bike but I just haven't been as focused. Seems that happens when I quit running for a while. I can't wait till May so I can hit the road again. Anyways. Last week my wife bought me a new bike. Nothing special, just a Schwinn Hybrid. My old beater served me well but for family rides around town it wasn't going to hack it. Not to mention I just can't handle doing slow speeds on the roadie so.... It was kinda nice, she just showed up at my work and gave it to me. Luckily I could spend some time at work getting it 'dialed in.' Well now that I have this new bike I can finally start to commute to work. Kinda sad though, considering it's only a 2 mile ride one way, but I'd rather do it on a bike than in a car, providing it's not raining. Well went to Wally World and got some bags and a rack so I can carry my gear, and here we go.

The Bike:


And the rack:


And the bags:


Hopefully I'll be riding the bike on Thursday when I go back to work..

No comments: