Monday, July 28, 2008

The Island Ride

A week ago me and my brother decided to do another ride and this time he was ready. After resting a few days we decided to set out last Wednesday around 7:00 or so. Here's how it went. the first 19 miles were nice. We had the wind to our back and managed to keep up a nice 16 mph pace. We passed so many other bikers! It was great. We stopped halfway to stretch and take in the scenery. Back on our bikes. 19 miles back and this time the wind right into our face. Talk about a struggle. I was starting to get tired but I made it. My lil bro pulled on through all the way to the end. Now we both have a longest ride, almost 39 miles long and ~ 2:45 minutes. Great way to start the day. That and the wife DVR'd the tour so I wouldn't miss a minute.

No comments: