Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Red dot sight rail

I got a nice Father's Day present this year, a Celestron Astromaster 114EQ. I've had it about 4 days now and still haven't been able to use it but I'm hoping that tonight will be better and I can go out. While it's a nice scope the red dot finder isn't that great, although I've only used it once and I really should give a second chance. Well I've added a sight rail to the scope and mounted a Daisy red dot sight. Pretty easy to do and cost less than $10 altogether. Here's the build:

Materials include 1/4" threaded rod, 9/32" aluminum tubing, and 1/2" brass sheet.


The Daisy red dot sight taken from my old paintball gun.


The brass plate


Aluminum tubing cut to 'sleeve' the threaded rod.


The finished product.



My wife said it was a nice build so I think I didn't do half bad. Hope you enjoy.

No comments: