Thursday, July 31, 2008

So I bought a bike from BikesDirect.Com

Yeah I bought one. What of it? The wife finally decided that she wanted some help getting a little more fit and figured since I was losing weight on my road bike, Trek 1.2, she'd like to have one. Few pre-requisites though,

1)It had to be a woman's bike
2)It has to be 'cute'

Well I started setting back the money to try to get her one by Christmas but I soon had enough money to get a entry level model. That's where BD came in. We had checked out a few bikes from KHS, and Jamis. They were nice but no local shop carried them and they would have to be ordered. We weren't trying to drop a ton of money, just enough to see if it was what she wanted to do. After about a month she found what she wanted, the 2009 model of the Windsor Willow. Sora equipped and 'WSD'. So last week we put in the order. While I was gone yesterday the UPS man dropped off the latest ride for our family stable.


So I tore open the box and got everything out and ready to go.



I was kinda worried when I got the UPS shipping info saying the package weighed a whopping 30#'s. Luckily it was a big box with lots of packing. The bike had no visible damage and everything seemed intact.

Well I started throwing everything together. Took my time as to not rush it.


Eventually it all came together and now she's got a nice 22# bike to ride.


Well to anyone looking to get a road bike definitely check out BikesDirect.com. Hope you enjoy the post

No comments: